NGOs Roundtables on Social Partnership with Political Parties
The Tajikistan National NGO Association has just recently completed implementation of a project entitled “Enhancing NGOs Capacity through Establishment of Good Relations with Political Parties”. The project has been funded by the Ebert Foundation. The purpose of the project was introducing NGOs to political parties as well as learning more about all 8 political parties of Tajikistan, officially registered in the country as following:
- fostering a strong and effective collaboration between Political Parties and civil society organizations in addressing social and economic problems in Tajikistan;
- enhancing the NGOs potential and capacity through establishing good working relations with all 8 Tajikistan Political Parties to increase their professional experience and knowledge and foster institutional and sustainable development of CSOs in the country.
As a result, total of 8 roundtable discussions (during the period of March –August, 2014) were successfully conducted with participation of more than 250 participants in total, including representatives of NGOs, Political Parties, local universities and research centers, Mass Media. Based on presentations, questions and answers sessions as well as working in small groups, the following outcomes and results are achieved:
Political Parties and NGOs are properly introduced to each other
- Good and working relations between NGOs and Political Parties are established
- Political Parties’ resources are considered as a source for sustainable development of NGOs
- Priorities and mechanisms of cooperation between Political Parties and NGOs are identified
- 8 MOUs on social partnership between Political Parties and NGOs are signed
- Recommendations on better cooperation between Political Parties and NGOs are adopted
- The process of institutional and sustainable development of CSOs (including Political Parties and NGOs) is encouraged and fostered
The next step will be conducting 3 roundtable discussion at the level of 3 oblasts ( to be supported by OSCE) in order to report back the results and outcomes of the project (Dushanbe level) to wider specter of participants, including NGOs, Political Parties, Government, Mass Media.
In late November , it is expected to conduct the final roundtable//Conference to officially present the outcomes and recommendations of the Project to representatives of the Government, Parliament, Political Parties, NGOs, SME, International Community, and Mass Media ( donors need to be identified).
Finally, we do expect that establishment of good working relations and trust will encourage the process of better activation and mobilization of the human and intellectual potential of the country; enhancing responsibility of the people over their country, ensuring transparency of the government authority, originating conditions for eradicating corruption, accelerating the achievement of a high quality of life for citizens in the country, and providing maintenance of rights and freedom of citizens guaranteed by the Constitution.
© TNNGOA, 2014