- Participants of the Second National forum of Tajikistan NGOs will address to the president and parliament of the country
- Tajikistan 2012 СSOSI Report
- The NGO Law: Azerbaijan Loses Another Case in the European Court
- The delegates of the Second Tajikistan National NGO Forum addressing the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
- A monograph "The Peculiarities of genres’ development in regional television companies in Tajikistan" has been published in Dushanbe.
SECOND TAJIKISTAN NATIONAL NGO FORUM
12/15/2009 8:23:23 PM
On December, 10th in Dushanbe took place the Second national forum of Tajikistan nongovernmental organizations (NGOs). At the forum took part around 40 NGO’s delegates from different regions of Tajikistan, as well as representatives of the President Office, deputies of Majlisi Namoyandagon (lower House of Tajikistan Parliament), representatives of foreign embassies and international organizations - residents of the Republic of Tajikistan.
During the Forum, titled “Tajikistan NGOs today: what is the next?” participants discussed the issues about present condition of NGOs , their role and place in the transition processes in the country and their contribution for the solution of socio-economic and cultural-political problems. The delegates also have determined the perspectives and the main directions of Tajikistan’s NGOs activity in the future.
It should be noted that during the Forum two important documents were adopted: Resolution of the delegates of the Second national forum of Tajikistan NGOs about present condition and perspectives of NGO development, and also the Address to the President of the Republic of Tajikistan. Participants hope that adoption of these two important documents will give further effective contribution to NGOs activity, strength their cooperation, and also promote to increase the NGO’s participation in the political life of the country.
The Forum has been financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
Tajikistan Development Foundation
Tajikistan 2012 СSOSI Report Capital: Dushanbe Population: 7,190,041 GDP per capita (PPP): $2,200 Human Development Index: 125 CSO Sustainability Index: 4.8 Civil society in Tajikistan represents a wide spectrum of organizations, ranging from communal and neighborhood councils... Read more